Monday, December 6, 2010

What's the name of that Europe song...

...you know it's good when your "Greatest Hits" album is a single.

Well folks, I've less than two weeks left in Dublin town. I believe this merits a highlight reel of the semester thus far.

-Toured the Dail (equivalent to Parliament building), sat in a senator's chair and voted "Ta," or "Yes."
-Handled and read a copy of Gulliver's Travels circa 1727. 2nd edition.
-Researched US Social Security and ways to reform American pensions.
-Took the LSAT in London and stayed with a wonderful family.
-Soup Run on the streets of Dublin, met lots of great people.
-Applied to 20 law schools, half while in Italy and Malta.
-Speaking of which, traveled through Italy and Malta for 9 days. Go to Malta if ever you get a chance.
-Toured the North with my study abroad group, did a picturesque run along the coast.
-Somehow ended up at a great church with wonderful people.
-Wrote roughly 15,000 words (5,500 to go, not including revisions and research).


Honestly, there's been a lot of stuff. But putting them in a list would not do them justice...particularly the wonderful people I've encountered this semester. Quality families, great friends, adventures where I least expected them...

Can't wait to share them with you. And I'm afraid I cannot adequately do it through the medium of blogging. That has been a big reason for my infrequent posting - I cannot post everything that matters in this format. My apologies.

Send me an email. A Facebook message, even. Maybe a phone call, or a text (if you must), once I return to the States. I've seen a lot this semester...not only that, but I've experienced it. Beyond the simple surface. Not with everything, of course, but as much as I could. I want to share this adventure with you. And I will, if you're interested. Just let me know.

South Africa in 12 days. I am very, very excited. Looking forward to seeing a brother of mine...
No idea what I'm getting myself into, but hey - that's a theme of my life.

Until next time, world. Looking forward to getting back, America. I've missed you. We have some work to do.

Much love,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment