Monday, August 10, 2009

Back in Missouri



I have returned home from my summer of adventure. And what a summer it was...I suppose I can finally reveal that I spent the summer working at Dollywood theme park, seeing as I don't work there anymore. I think any possible repercussions are now considerably less severe.

Here are some highlights of this summer:
-took funny picture with Dolly Parton (see above)
-grew a ridiculous amount in my relationship with God
-gained practical life skills in the realms of food service and merchandise
-captured nearly 8 hours of footage from this summer on my video camera
-became ambidextrous in most everyday activities

I will post the first episode of the Discipleship Focus experience after this entry. I am very excited to share it, although the first two episodes will be rather Michael-heavy. Road trips and the like. I had to film myself to stay sane.

I had many fond memories during my long trip back to Missouri. Most revolve around the incredible friendships God gave me this summer. I've never been much of a crier, but I had some joyful tears over the course of my drive.

It has been hard to leave a community that cares so much. Thankfully, I have some solid friends and family in Missouri. Once I had some good conversations with my parents, I realized that this is where I'm supposed to be. Time with friends over the next few days made it even easier to realize. I am excited for whatever this academic year may hold. I'm even more excited to live out everything that I've learned this summer (again, if you're curious, just ask me. I would love to share) and see how God will use the friendships He's given me at school, D-Focus, and wherever else.

My summer adventure has come to an end, but, as a good friend enlightened me, a new one has already begun. Enjoy the video.

1 comment:

  1. I will say that you and Jake certainly bring a certain ...ambience to that picture. Something that would be sorely lacking without you two in it.

    ReplyDelete