Oh, Jefferson City life...
This past week has served as relaxation time, to an extent. My days have consisted mainly of video editing, reading, writing, and CrossFit. Yes, the CrossFit phenomenon from Discipleship Focus has followed me back to Missouri. I've enjoyed explaining it to wizened old men in the YMCA while I try to a certain amount of pull-ups per minute. I expected to be shunned in the weight room, but instead they gave positive comments and let me continue my pull-up frenzy while they returned to their barbells. I enjoy sticking with the CrossFit routine, but I sorely miss my brothers from D-Focus who have been very encouraging.
This morning my father and I embarked on a bike excursion, my first in roughly eleven years. It turns out my dad is a wonderful cyclist - it also turns out my bike, donated by former roommate Clifford J. Goodrich (see corresponding post), is several sizes too small for me. This made for some discomfort on the ride, but I survived. I was tempted to wear my dad's old bike shorts from his heyday, but the scandalous length brought up concern for modesty, so I decided otherwise. Good ride, all in all.
I'm currently reading Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning. It's been great thus far, and it's helping to emphasize the true importance of trust in God. Tough stuff, but freeing at the same time. It's corresponding very well to things I've been reading in the ol' Bible (Hebrews 11 to be precise), and it definitely appears that God wants to teach me a lot more about trusting in Him. I'm excited to grow.
Episode 2 of Discipleship Focus will be released tomorrow. It is the "Road Trip" episode, chronicling my journey to Pigeon Forge. I have had an incredible time working on these videos; I can't wait to get to the good stuff.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment